Do you have a video playback issue or a technical question? The following frequently asked questions should help.
If you can’t find an answer to your query here, head over to our Contact wevu page and either fill in our contact form or use our social media pages to get in touch. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Frequently asked questions
Can I watch wevu on my PC or Mac?
You certainly can! Go to the wevu website watch.wevumovies.com and log in to watch or purchase your movie.
Please ensure you’re using a compatible web browser. Here’s our list:
- Safari: 10+
- Chrome: 64+
- Firefox: 58+
- Edge supported on Windows 10 and later
If you don't have a wevu account, head over to watch.wevumovies.com click on the 'Register Account' button, and follow our fast three step process. It's free to sign up! Then get your comfy clothes on and watch your favourite movie online within minutes.
What parental controls does wevu offer?
You are required to create a parental pin as part of the sign up process. You can then choose the preferences you want under your parental control by going to your 'Settings' then 'Parental Control'.
Can I download my wevu movies to DVD, USB stick or external hard drive?
Like any streaming service, all our movies are protected by strict copyright laws, which means that they cannot be copied or shared using DVDs, USB sticks or external hard drives.
The good news is the movies you have bought can be watched on up to five devices, as many times as you like, wherever and whenever you like.
My movie won’t play. What should I do?
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Use the following checklist to troubleshoot your problem:
- Check you’re using the latest version of the wevu app. You can do this by visiting your app store. If there’s an app update available, download it.
- Check your internet download speed is fast enough to support streaming on wevu. The minimum speed required 4Mbps. You can test your internet speed for free here www.speedtest.net. If you can't stream movies you may still be able to download content and watch it later.
- Check the device you’re using is compatible and has the right operating system. You can find a list of compatible devices here: What devices can I use to watch wevu?
- Is your movie buffering? This is when playback keeps stopping and starting. Find more information here: My movie keeps stopping and starting. What should I do?
Did that solve your problem? If not, use our Contact Form to contact our customer service team and we’ll take a closer look.
My movie keeps stopping and starting. What should I do?
This problem is known as buffering, and it can be very annoying! Buffering happens when your device pauses playback because it cannot access enough data fast enough.
Use our checklist to troubleshoot your problem:
- Check your internet speed is fast enough. You need at least 4mbps to watch wevu. You can check your download speed for free here www.speedtest.net If it is too slow, contact your internet service provider (ISP).
- Check your Wi-Fi signal is strong enough. Move your device closer to your Wi-Fi router or consider using a network cable to connect your smart TV.
- Check if your internet service provider (ISP) has temporarily reduced your internet download speed. In this case contact your ISP.
- Check to see what other devices are active on your home network and consider turning them off if appropriate to free up internet bandwidth.
If you’ve tried all the suggestions on our checklist and constant buffering is still ruining your movie, consider downloading rather than streaming your purchase and watching it when download is complete. This should fix any annoying buffering issues. Good luck!