How to watch wevu on your favourite devices
Whatever devices you choose, we want your movie experiences to be as smooth as possible. The following frequently asked questions are a great starting point for any device-related queries.
If you can’t find an answer to your query here, head over to our Contact wevu page and either fill in our contact form or use our social media pages to get in touch. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Frequently asked questions
How do I watch wevu on my TV?
There are a number of ways you can watch wevu on your TV:
- If you are using a Samsung, LG, or Android-powered smart TV you can stream wevu by downloading the wevu app from your TV's app store.
- You can also stream wevu using your Google Chromecast or AppleTV by connecting it to your TV using a HDMI cable.
- You can use an Amazon Fire TV stick by simply searching for 'wevu'
- You can't currently stream wevu to your smart TV using Roku, but we're working on it!
- Find a list of compatible smart TV's by clicking on this article: What devices can I use to watch wevu?
If you don't have any of the above, you can connect a laptop to your TV using a HDMI cable and watch wevu on your TV by signing in at watch.wevumovies.com.
Can I use Chromecast to stream wevu?
Yes, we love Google Chromecast. It’s a small device used to send movies from your tablet or smartphone to your non-smart TV. It’s a great way to watch wevu movies on an older TV.
What devices can I use to watch wevu?
You can watch wevu on a wide range of devices including smart TVs, tablets, smartphones, computers, and streaming devices.
To watch wevu on your TV, simply search 'wevu' on your app store. Most smart TVs are compatible including:
- Samsung: Only available on Tizen 3.0 and above LG: Only available on webOS 4.0 and above, older “NetCast” devices are not compatible.
- Philips: “Net TV” devices are not compatible, only newer sets that use Android TV with Android 10 or above
- Sony: “Sony Internet TV” devices are not compatible, only newer sets that use Android TV with Android 10 or above
- Panasonic: Panasonic switched to Android TV in 2020, models with Android TV 10 or above are compatible, older models are not compatible
- Sharp: “Aquos Net+”, “Roku” and “SmartCentral” are not compatible, only sets that use Android TV with Android 10 or above
- Amazon Fire TV: all models
Any TV with “Android TV” are compatible so long as it is running Android version 10 or newer
Don't have any of the TV's above? No problem! Head over to our How do I watch wevu on my TV? article and see alternative options.
To watch wevu on your Smartphone or Tablet search for 'wevu' on your app store. Compatible smartphones and tablets include:
- Apple iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 13 or newer.
- Android phone and tablets running Android 10 or newer
To watch wevu on your computer or laptop, simply sign in at watch.wevumovies.com. wevu will be available on even more devices soon, we are working on support for Amazon and Roku powered devices at the moment.
Can I buy movies straight from my Smart TV?
At the moment you can only buy or rent movies from the wevu website watch.wevumovies.com using a web, tablet or smartphone browser. You simply sign in or register a wevu account if you don’t have one. Then once you are signed in, you select the movie you want by clicking on it, then you click the ‘buy’ or 'rent' button and enter your card details.
Once you’ve made your purchase, you can watch your movie using your smart TV. Just go to the ‘my movies’ section of the smart TV app and click on ‘play’.
Will my movies be accessible across all my devices?
Of course! Your purchased and rented movies will appear in the ‘my movies’ section of the wevu app on all your devices. You can link a maximum of five devices to your account.
This is slightly different with your rented movies, once you rent a movie, you have 30 days to hit play. Once you press play, you can watch your rented movie up to 48 hours after you clicked play. It will appear in 'my movies' section for those 48 hours only.
Can I watch wevu on my PC or Mac?
You certainly can! Go to the wevu website watch.wevumovies.com and log in to watch or purchase your movie.
Please ensure you’re using a compatible web browser. Here’s our list:
- Safari: 10+
- Chrome: 64+
- Firefox: 58+
- Edge supported on Windows 10 and later
If you don't have a wevu account, head over to watch.wevumovies.com click on the 'Register Account' button, and follow our fast three step process. It's free to sign up! Then get your comfy clothes on and watch your favourite movie online within minutes.
Can I watch wevu on my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you can watch wevu movies on all compatible smartphones and tablets including:
Simply type in wevu in your smartphone store and see our exciting green logo and click download. If you do not have an account, head over to watch.wevumovies.com, click the 'Register Account' button. You then only have three short steps to complete and it's free to register!
You can only watch movies on our apps. If you want to purchase wevu movies:
- sign in at watch.wevumovies.com on your tablet, smartphone or computer browser
- Click on the movie you want
- Select the 'buy' or 'rent' button
- Enter your card details
You can then watch your movie by clicking on the 'My Movies' section on your favourite device.
Can I watch wevu on two devices at the same time?
Unfortunately not, if you think we can improve on this topic, head over to our Suggestion Form and let us know. We value your opinion.